Skip the cold brown bag. Forego the mile long buffet!
When planning the menu for your next corporate events, there are tried and true tactics that can energize any team. Great food brings a welcome respite from hard work and instantly raises group morale like nothing else can. Luckily our seasoned event pros are here with the skinny on keeping attendees happily fed.
Things That Make You Go Hmm…
Consider the time of day, number of attendees, length of session, and even the season when planning your menu. Before choosing the food, ask yourself the following:
• What time of day will the meeting occur?
• How long is the event or meeting to last?
• Will attendees break for a meal or eat while listening and working?
• Will guests be standing or sitting?
• How many guests will attend and how much food is needed for each guest?
• Will alcoholic drinks be served? If so, will the bar be limited to beer and wine or open?
• When considering your budget, what is most important to you?
• Would you prefer a more formal or relaxed setting?
Time after Time
If opting for morning or early afternoon corporate events, your food options range from brunch, lunch, or even a bevy of daytime-appropriate appetizers. Simple breakfast options might include freshly toasted bagels and gourmet donuts with accompanied by colorful whole fruit and epicurean coffees. Or wow your team by kicking it up a notch with the following:
- Make-your-own omelet station. Allow guests to exercise creativity with thyme roasted mushrooms, gourmet cheeses, crispy pancetta, and more wow-worthy ingredients.
- Fresh berry salad topped with fresh minced mint, slivered almonds and limoncello-infused Greek yogurt. This can be served in parfait cups or even martini glasses.
- Southwestern hash brown casserole or herb roasted potatoes. Delish, however keep the carbs limited to avoid an overly full crowd.
A lunch meeting or early afternoon meeting is a great way to cash in on productivity by allowing employees to work through their usual break. It also creates a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere conducive to problem-solving and team-building. For a sit down meal, choose something fun and interesting, but easy to eat.
- A choice of pressed gourmet paninis with a side of vegetables grilled in a garlic herb butter
- A salad bar that blows away the norm with artisan lettuces, wholesome and filling components, and chef-prepared dressings
- A loaded potato bar that ranges from a Tex-Mex chicken filling to a New Orleans gumbo spin-off to char-grilled vegetables and shredded cheese to a French brie and shrimp sautéed with garlic and parsley. Remember – choices are key.
Nothing is more important to successful corporate events than the food. Rock your evening corporate event with a glitzy menu that pulls out all the stops. We’re talking prime grilled meats and seafood graced by decadent buttery sauces and bright salads and veggies. Live chef stations can up the ante, but only if the meal is served early enough. If the meal is after 7:30, guests will be happier with a sit down menu that offers seasonal bites of crowd pleasing dishes.
Event Plan for Success
Whether planning a casual corporate lunch or an elegant sit down affair, success is within your grasp at Moffitt Oaks. We have built a reputation for efficient and streamlined corporate events. From Luau to BBQ Hoedown to St. Patty’s Beer fest, we have you covered. Our professional event planning staff looks forward working with you on your next corporate event.