Top 6 Must Have Décor Items When Planning Your Rustic Wedding
Planning a rustic wedding in Houston leaves you open to so many opportunities! The venues are perfect for it, the southern hospitality begs for it and the décor companies and stores almost cater to it. It is the “it” theme because it’s so easy to personalize and so fun to dress it up!
We at Moffitt Oaks love to see our brides make their wedding truly speak their name but when planning your rustic wedding, there are definitely key elements you don’t want to leave out! Here are our top 6 décor must haves when it comes to planning your rustic wedding in Houston.
- Branches. Bring the outside in! Over flow the room with flowers, they are a beautiful touch to any event, but consider throwing in a few branch centerpieces. It is the perfect way to bring a wooded acre feel to your rustic wedding. It will give the impression and ambiance of life on a ranch…and what could be more rustic than that? You could even consider using branches to help with lighting by hanging small lanterns or bulb lights to add a touch of rustic romance.
- Two Words: Mason Jars. Ok, Ok, we know. This one is a given but it is so necessary! Give new life to mason jars by using them as candle holders rather than plain a votive. Use them in dark corners or on restroom counters and sign in tables to show off a bushel of rustic wildflowers. You could even pre-serve drinks like lemonade, sweet tea and lemon water in a mason jar, pop the lid back on and put the mason jars on ice for easy access to a quick drink for your guests. Mason jars can be purchased in bulk at a relatively inexpensive price so you could even can some homemade goodies to serve as your thank you favors.
- Burlap. We love burlap. From tablecloths to a burlap and lace aisle runner, burlap must make an appearance at your rustic wedding and here in Houston, you can find it at any craft or fabric store! Try a new spin on this ever-popular fabric by wrapping the base of your bouquet in it or even having a custom-made ring bearer pillow made from burlap.
- A rustic floral piece. A traditional bouquet is always beautiful. Roses, lilies, hydrangeas and stephanotis are all popular wedding flowers but try using something equally as beautiful yet understated like real cotton, lavender or even baby’s breath. Give your wedding a personalized look by keeping your bouquet traditional and slipping in just a few pieces of lavender and giving your ‘maids their own bunch of lavender to carry down the aisle.
- Wood. From wooden signage to help your guests navigate the day’s events to tree stump seats or centerpieces, wood adds such a beautiful texture to a wedding. Many rustic wedding venues in Houston will offer a lot of what you need to make the day as rustic as you’d like but adding wood pieces is a great way to truly personalize and DIY your event. It adds a little something special and unique. Not a do-it-yourselfer, there’s always ETSY.
- Whiskey Barrels. This one may be a bit tougher to get you’re your hands on but some venues, like Moffitt Oaks, will have whiskey barrels on their property. What a fun way to display your guest book, engagement photos, or to use as bar tops.
Rustic weddings are a dream to plan and make for the most pin-worthy photos. What are some of your favorite must-have décor items for a rustic wedding?
To find out more about planning a rustic wedding here in Houston, we invite you to call and chat with one of our highly skilled event coordinators or schedule a complimentary tour. We’d love to meet you!